Sunday, July 15, 2007

Enga Experience: Change your life!

[> [> Subject: Re: Are Tourists interested in Enga?


Author:
Lisa
[Edit]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: Sun, Jul 08 2007, 09:03:51pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my photos from Enga at:
http://aylaaus.hi5.com/

My trip was organised through Ben ?Loken / ?Lokain & his daughter, Josephine. I was put in touch with Josephine through Adrian Keefe, who answered the email I sent to the link on
http://www.engaexperience.homestead.com/engaexperience.html

I only came across it by doing a google search for Enga. When looking for places to stay, I 'googled' all highland provinces I was interested in. Even then, I only found it with some hunting. I'd like to see links on major PNG internet tourism sites, and being linked with, eg. Niugini Holidays at http://www.nghols.com/

Re cost... I think its a matter of numbers. If there is more demand for reasonable airfares, maybe they will provide them. At present, I get the impression that most people travelling are from organisations such as churches, government and busines. All these are prepared to pay full price airfares, whereas tourists are not. If thousands more tourists want to go, the Qantas etc will be able to earn more by charging less. Eg. Bali - Australia, and London to Australia.

I wish anyone well, setting up such tourism ventures.

Lisa

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

No comments: