Tuesday, January 12, 2010

China Nationalism tends towards Racism

This is a most disturbing article. Apart from the lousy English, and the attempt by the author to sound American [listen up!...don't mess with ...] with lower-end cliched buzz words, the author's trip into Uber-Nationalism reminds me of Hitler's rubbish talks to his faithful. Hitler separated Germans from the rest of the world by highlighting their 'us-ness', their Germanic qualities, and by ridiculing non-Germans. Although the subject matter is not of paramount importance in this article, the gist that laowai can never achieve oneness with their Chinese pengyoumen, is tantamount to insult and racism.
If I were to say that I was a Buddhist and that in my previous life I was Chinese, would the author refute me?


China Daily
13 Jan 10

No comments: