Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Queensland:Stay at home if you value your money

We live in NSW and hardly travel north to Qld. Recently my car used the Gateway Bridge and the driver saw the toll notices by the roadside. Upon return to NSW we emailed Qld Roads to find out how to pay the toll. We had no idea! When you're alone in your car and you are required to remember a telephone number, it is fairly difficult if you don't break the law by writing it down as you drive and it's hard to pull over on those tollways to find a pen and paper to write the number down. Anyway,Qld Roads replied [and note that I emailed only two days after my car had used the Gateway]and had already stuck $40 admin fee on top of the toll of a couple of dollars. I replied to say this was not right, that I had contacted within 3 days. I was then told that the toll was a money making instrument and I would have to pay. I wrote to Anna Bligh. She handed my letter to Minister for Roads who shoved it down the pipeline and I was then eventually billed another $140 for not paying the toll on time,
So much for Queensland!
Won't be travelling in your state again. Never!


Couruer mail
12 August 2010

No comments: