Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Police Culture nurtures the Bully

help. news @ news. com. au

to me
show details 15:38 (1 hour ago)
Reply

Your comment has been published:
The police in our state exist within a culture that has been nurtured by many a bully for many a year. I was a police officer many years ago and I finally had to leave the service because of the crude and anti-social attitude of the majority of my fellow police officers. I remember a bloke who went through training with me; he changed as he took on the role. He became a true idiot with a huge penchant for bullying. When I went to work at the station I was embarrassed by the culture of thuggery that was elevated to position of canonisation, so to speak.
What can you do? The top cops have been in the system for most of their career and it is unlikely that many of them could avoid being 'cultured'.

To view your comment online go to: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/comments/0,,23990941-5012657,00.html

Please note the Editor may have slightly edited your comment to be suitable for publishing.

No comments: