Monday, September 20, 2010

RAJESH SEHGAL:QUIRKY PERSON OF SHAOXING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

Rajesh Sehgal is a business person involved in Shaoxing's textile industry. His wife, Mini, came up with a very good idea to institute an international school for dependants of expatriate employees from countries such as Korea, India etc. This school is to be attached to a larger mainly Chinese school. Rajesh admits of no interest in the formation of the school other than to facilitate education. Once off the ground and running, the school would manage itself, so to speak. At that stage, Rajesh Sehgal's interest in the school would cease. At least that is what Rajesh told me to get me on side. We signed contracts and I have official letter to obtain F visa [Business visa]. I also have the F visa valid for entry until November for 90 days. Rajesh wanted me in Shaoxing in August so as to have my input to marketing material such as promotions with my nomenclature and personal appearances etc. All very standard when starting a school. Then the relationship took on a quirky personality, as if Dr Jekyll had become Mr Hyde. As I have written, four days before due departure date, Rajesh emailed me a Dear John....alas! I am too old ... suddenly I had aged from the previous week. I had to laugh. But what gets me is the fact that Rajesh didn't have enough guts to say he was stabbing me in the back. Imagine my life here at home; the preparations [my wife was to join me in Shaoxing and Rajesh had supplied her also with letter for residence as spouse of F visa holder] had been completed and my large family of five adult children [chadults we call them] and their respective lives ... suddenly ... no warning....all the preparations were to no avail.
What can we do but to warn others [and I have been to China six times as well as other lands] to check, re-check and then doubt all your findings until they become established facts, verified, substantiated and ,,,whatever else you can say.[/big][bold][/bold]
It is an interesting item via Google that from Shaoxing emanates 60% of global Internet malware.

No comments: